SANCO prenatal test
We encourage our customers to perform the genome-wide SANCO Test, the result of which is available within 5 business days.
SANCO test analyses cell-free DNA from a maternal blood sample (mixture of fetal and maternal DNA) to screen for chromosomal conditions, including trisomy 21 (Down syndrome).
It means that in the standard SANCO analysis, it is possible to assess all 23 pairs of chromosomes, aneuploidy of sex chromosomes, genetic sex of the fetus, a risk of deletion and duplication syndromes of at least 7 Mbp for all autosomal chromosomes, which corresponds to the resolution of the karyotype of amniotic fluid (after amniocentesis). The test identifies a risk of genetic abnormalities that cause a miscarriage, pre-eclampsia, IUGR and low birth weight. It determines a risk of a uniprenatal disomy occurrence and enables early cancer detection in a pregnant woman.
The SANCO Test is performed in the new Genomed laboratory in Warsaw, Poland. Compliance of the parameters of the test has been confirmed by the European CE-IVD certificate for the entire technological process (high quality and reliability of the test has been validated and confirmed). Moreover, Genomed SA holds two EMQN (European Molecular Quality Network) certificates for non-invasive, prenatal genetic testing.
• the highest quality - the most proven and accurate next-generation sequencing technology
• the highest effectiveness of the study (lack of result was recorded only for less than 1% of tests performed)
• high test effectiveness even at a low fetal DNA content (the result is obtained even at a content of 1% cell-free fetal DNA)
• CE-IVD certificate for the entire technological process
• EMQN certificate
• testing time up to 5 business days from the date of delivery of the sample to the laboratory
• genome-wide range
• the possibility to determine the fetal RhD status
Each clinic independently determines the test price. A distribution of payment based on a low-interest instalments is available.
Who is the SANCO Test for?
- Women who wish to perform a non-invasive test for fetal trisomy 21, 18 and 13.
- Women whose results of biochemical and ultrasound examinations in the first and second trimester show an intermediate risk of chromosomal aneuploidy.
- Women over the age of 35 who do not opt for invasive prenatal testing.
- Women who have contraindications for invasive prenatal testing, such as placenta previa, high risk of miscarriage, HBV infection, HIV, etc.
- Women who have undergone an in vitro fertilization.
SANCO Test in comparison with other prenatal approaches
SANCO NIPT can be provided by 300 clinics throughout Poland. If you are interested in the SANCO Test, please select the facility from the list below and make an appointment.
We will answer additional questions by phone, helpline: +48 797 660 690 is available Monday-Friday from 9.00 a.m. till 7.00 p.m. on business days: or by e-mail: email@example.com .